Tuesday, February 7, 2012

MFTwsc57

 Hi all, I decided to play with the MFT challenge this week. The sketch was a PITA  challenging, but fun! LOL.I made it for my MIL who is recovering from a fractured pelvis. It's just a hairline fracture but never the less, painful and hard to diagnose and recover from.

I inked up this cute "pure innocence" stamp. I colored with Copics. This one doesn't work well with paper piecing on the raincoat. At least not for me, so I had to color the whole raincoat. I would have rather paper pieced it. I highlighted the coloring with an "inksentials" white gel pen, which is the best one to buy if you need one. I paper pieced the umbrella.

The paper is Echo Park, walk in the park. Isn't it cute that the rain drops match the umbrella image theme? I've been wanting to use this paper with this image. this card took me 2.5 hours to make because I was fooling around with the wonky panels. Of course, being anal as I am, I had to make the rain drops go in the correct direction!!! Perfectionism is a curse!

I used the clouds and sun die-namics for this, and some dew drops. Wow, I thought it would be difficult cutting the felt clouds but they cut like butter! I love how machine stitching anchors the card edges of the card and makes it neat.
That's all for now, my friends.
Kim

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2137689?&cat=500&ppuser=238009

1 comment:

  1. LOL I would have been anal about the rain drops too Kim. The card is adorable and those raindrops are a big part of the cute. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete