Monday, January 13, 2014

The Shabby Tea Room Guest Designer

 

Yippee! I'm guest designing for The Shabby Tea Room this week!! I won the opportunity by making a tag during the "Terrific Tags" Challenge in December! This week's Shabby Tea Room challenge is a sketch challenge. See image below.
 Oh my gosh, I had the most boring card made to submit to Debbie and I said "Wait a minute, I can't submit this!" :) What can I do to fix it? (It was all laid out but not glued down). Thinking about the "new to me" card styles I've been seeing in blogland, I took another approach to the sketch. A Freestyle Collage/Clean and layered approach. Or at least my interpretation of it! :) I have all the basic shapes or elements of the sketch, I just moved them around a bit, creative license, right? Of course my sewing machine decided not to work this morning, making big knots on the back of the paper and locking up. ugh,

I'm very happy with it. Much more modern and interesting with some vellum throw in to make it trendy!

So tell me, if you've seen Freestyle Collage cards around the blogosphere, did I make one? Please visit The
Shabby Tea Room this week and play along!


JellyPark Challenges New Beginnings
Scrapping for fun challenges #8 Baby
4CraftyChicks Bows
Moving along with the times New Beginnings

Thanks for visiting, Kim

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous! Love, love, love the colors!
    Thank you for playing at Scrapping4funChallenges!
    Issys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wonderful! Those sewing machines really have a mind of their own. Congrats on your guest spot! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your GDT! And what a wonderful take on that sketch! Love the pretty color palette, the embossing, the fun DP, and your cute die cuts! Really fab sentiment, too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Jellypark Friends. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on you GDT spot! I love the colors and the fun collage look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the layout is amazing, glad you have joined us. Nice job with those stars, cool idea, and the paper is so cute. Great bow! Thanks for playing our Bow challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks. Way to go!

    Leanne DT@4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great interpretation on the sketch. I love your fun papers and lots of great layers! Thanks for joining our bow challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks and hope to see you again.
    Tammy GDT@4CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim:
    Great job on the card love all the colors you chose, I too did many things over the years but this is where I am happy playing with paper. I am not a follower and can't wait to see more of your work.
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Card, love the sketch.
    Thank you for your lovely entry at Scrapping4funchallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the colors of your card. And the pieces fit nicely together. Thanks for playing along at scrapping4funchallenges. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining our New Beginnings Challenge at Jellypark Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your Guest Designer :) Such a a beautiful card :) Thank you for joining as at TSTR !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card, the colours are great. I love the little stars for bunting. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card :) I really like all details :) Good luck ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card! Thanks for playing at Scrapping4funchallenges.
    Issys

    ReplyDelete