Monday, September 8, 2014

SFYTT September Card


Hi Friends, I have a masculine birthday card to share today compliments of Reverse Confetti. I picked up my first RC stamp set, Oliver Owl. I think he's a great addition to my stamp collection. I need more masculine stamps and thought he fit the bill nicely.

I waited until the first of the month to see if the September "Sketch for you to try" would work with Mr. Owl and it did, perfectly. I also needed a card for my Boss in a few weeks so I colored him with Copics to match my paper. I just love to do that! (I always choose my paper before I decide what colors to use, how about you?)

I stamped the glasses in Momento Teal Zeal ink, cut them out with scissors and a craft knife, then sponged some more ink over them to get rid of any stray white paper. I adhered them on with Ranger Matte Medium. (You must get some!) I added various colors of enamel dots, all from different packages, for simple embellishing.

MME Stella & Rose "Hattie" papers

Thanks for visiting today! Challenge links below.
Kim

Reverse Confetti - September Sketch 16
NBUS #2 -Never used Schtuff -Stamp
Bastel-Traum Challenge -Animals
Cmd Challenge #13 - Anything with Copics
Marker Pop -Anything Goes #51







9 comments:

  1. What a perfect card for your boss's autumn birthday, Kim! You did nail that sketch and the coloring to match the paper is genius! Those glasses are really the best! Thank you for the tip on the Ranger Matte Medium. I'll check that out for sure. And thank you very much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect and masculine card! I love this mix of patterned papers that you used and the spectacles on the owl...super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! I love the great masculine papers, and he looks so spiffy in his specs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute masculine card that you have made here. Great work with matching the papers! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous guy card. I was hoping that was a digi so I could quickly make a card for my brother's bday next week. There's always express mail.
    TFS and I'm glad you linked up at the NBUS challenge, too.
    Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's fantastic! Love the way you did his glasses and the papers are perfect for a guy card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim, THANKS so much for playing with us. Please visit us, to see, what you win :) We are glad to see more from you in an other challenge :) Hugs Ute

    ReplyDelete