Monday, October 10, 2016

Merry Monday 217


Hello, time for a Vintage Christmas card from me! I had a fun time making this card this afternoon. I started with an old K&Co. chipboard stocking piece and looked for matching paper.

I found Fancy Pants "Merry Little Christmas" which has a vintage/collage-y feel. I distressed the edges with a TH distress tool and sponged on Antique Linen distress ink.

 Following the sketch, I laid out the panels, adding a MS doily, Jillibean Soup ribbon, twine, a jingle bell, and a few clear sequins. The card base is Papertrey Ink Kraft, my favorite.

Thanks for visiting today.
Kim

Merry Monday Christmas Challenge #217 Vintage or Retro -Vintage theme
Mojo Monday 469 -Sketch
Christmas Card Challenges 44 -Decorations or Anything Goes





16 comments:

  1. Your vintage Christmas card is just delightful, makes me want to pop in some Christmas music and start stamping. I really like how the polka dot ribbon contrasts with the background paper.
    victoryfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling vintage, Kim! Just love the blue stocking and all your little details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I love your vintage image and wonderful papers!!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
    Debbie (CCC DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this! You did an amazing job with the busy Mojo sketch, too. It doesn't look busy on your card at all. Pretty elements all brought together in perfect harmony!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim I am always envious of people who can pull together scraps of various papers and use them to make a fabulous and beautiful card! Yours is stunning...perfect for our card theme this week! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous holiday card and a beautiful mix of papers! Love the vintage look! Thanks so much for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! Love this paper and the grungyness of this card. What a treat! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation Kim! Awesome mix of papers and perfectly distressed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your card on MM Challenge, gorgeous. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your layout and the old calendar ...such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing over at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You pulled some great parts and pieces together for this one Kim. Great vintage feel. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, thanks for joining us at Christmas card challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely card Kim, you've made me think of all the chipboard pieces I have - so they're coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have used some beautiful papers and love the layout. Lovely touch with the jingle bell.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super fun! Love the papers and added bells!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete