Saturday, May 6, 2017

Butterfly Birthday



Hi Friends, I made this card for my Local Card Club color challenge. (It's on old Colour Q challenge but I can't find the photo) I thought I'd link it up to a few challenges including the Curtain Call Challenge-Flutter

I started by ink smooshing some distress inks (blues, purples, greens and navy) on a piece of A2 watercolor paper and set aside to dry. The I dies cut these lovely Memory Box butterflies with white paper to use the negative space for my watercolor panel. 

Since the challenge colors had gold in it, I used gold foil card stock for the centers of the flutterbys and SSS Hello sentiment. I heat embossed the sentiment (may be retired Flourishes?) in white on navy card stock. 

Also submitting this to Seize the Birthday-Anything Goes.
Crafty Girls #36 -Anything Goes


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the smooshed backgrounds on your lovely butterflies. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, Kim, this is really pretty! The smooshed watercolors with the white and gold -- gorgeous. Love those particular butterflies, being able to cut the bodies separately. So pretty fit into the negative space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. I think I have that same butterfly die. The watercolor washes makes lovely backgrounds for the flutterbys.

    ReplyDelete